The details of my events in March are finally coming in, so here is a comprehensive look at my tour. This post will be updated as changes come in. And here is the Facebook event for the tour.
- Feb 1 – March 15: Slices in Time installation at ASIFAKEIL Gallery, MQ – MuseumsQuartier, quartier21 (electric avenue), Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien. A custom made installation is already on display in this small animation art gallery in Vienna.
- Sat, March 1, 16:15: Under the Radar talk and demonstration. Raum D, MQ – MuseumsQuartier, Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien. I will giving a talk/workshop as part of the “Under the Radar” symposium on March 1st. I will show some of my shorts and demonstrate the techniques used – mainly cut outs, sand, marker and paint on glass. So happy to be invited to contribute to this symposium, the other presenters look awesome too.
- Sat, March 1, 20:30: Strange Creatures screening at TopKino, Rahlgasse 1 (Ecke Theobaldgasse) for Under the Radar. This is the first screening of the Strange Creatures program outside Seattle! I’m very excited to be able to share these wonderful Seattle short films with the Vienna public.
- Mon, March 3, 19:00: Paper Time, gallery show opening (show up until March 27, open by appointment), Stern Studio, Mayergasse 7/2, 1020 Wien. This gallery will showcase some of my back lit cut-outs from Plain Face, and possibly other artwork as well! Facebook event.
- Tues, March 4, 19:00: Lecture at Foaje, Štefánikova 16, 81101 Bratislava, Slovakia. Here I will be screening some of my own shorts. Here is the Facebook event for this articular screening.
- Wed, March 5, 16:30: Strange Creatures screening, Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest, Hungary (H-1121 Budapest, Zugligeti Ut 9-25). Second screening of this program outside Seattle! Here is this screening’s Facebook event.
- Tues, March 11, 19:30: Strange Creatures screening, Kavarna Liberal, Hermanova 6, Utery 11.Brezna, Prague, Czech Republic. Another screening of this program outside Seattle! Can’t wait to share it with Prague. This event is made possible by the Agosto Foundation.
Here is the Facebook event for this screening in particular.
- Thurs, March 13, 21:30: They Look Right Through You screens in Animated Documentaries program, Tricky Women Film Festival, English Cinema Haydn, Mariahilferstraße 57, A-1060 Vienna. So happy to be a part of the Tricky Women Film Festival for the second year in a row. This is my first time attending.