So after a year of accumulating piles of paper cut-outs, props, and animation tests from rejected grant applications, short films, experiments and workshops, I decided to not them go to waste, and make a new story out of them…..of sorts. It turned into a weird and bitter animated holiday card made with these scraps, in order:
- an animated loop produced in a workshop during the Animation Sans Frontieres program last month, that resulted in an interactive installation.
- a slide used in one of the gelatin brain sculptures I was making a few months ago. See my Instagram account for photos.
- a prop from a film proposal that was rejected by three different funding bodies
- some film from a film processing workshop I took at filmwerkplaats in Rotterdam a while back.
- some cut-outs from a scene that was eventually cut from my latest short film, The Lost Mariner.
- some pills from a music video proposal that was rejected by the funding body.
- a cut-out from the deBeschaving Festival trailer of 2015.
- some cut-outs from the crowdfunding campaign video I made earlier this year to convince people to help fund the fees for the Animation Sans Frontieres course in which I am currently participating.
Here are some photos from the Making Of process:
And then a couple hours hand-tracing credits a few times to get a boiling line effect, and it was done! Watch it below: